Sunday, December 5, 2010

Vintage photo of a CB550F

I saw the August 1975 issue of Cycle World for sale on E-bay today.  The starting bid is $14.50 plus $2.50 shipping equals $17.  I just want the cover photo, so I copied and edited it with Photoshop.

Here's the picture.


Wow, it makes the CB550F look like a.... Supersport!

While we're at it, here's another vintage photo, a magazine ad for the CB550F.  Don't remember where I got it, somewhere from another website.


There's a slight leak at the petcock.  I have a spare gas tank and petcock.  I removed the petcock, cleaned it up and will swap it out with the original.  We'll see if it cures the leak.

What happens is, when the bike sits, the petcock slowly leaks fuel into the carbs (yes, the petcock is in the closed position).  Every once in awhile, the carb bowls overflow and dump a little gas on the ground.  I hope the spare petcock doesn't leak.  It's hard to find CB550F petcocks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How do 1xbet korean online betting sites work? - Legalbet.co.kr
How Do 1xbet korean online betting sites work? — 1xbet korean online betting sites are 1xbet app a great way for punters to discover and bet on sport